There is an exploding market now for plant-based dairy alternative products as more people steer away from consuming animal milks. Here are some wonderful vegan alternatives that are now readily available in almost every grocery store. Not only are they healthier than dairy products since they are devoid of animal hormones and antibiotics, but you’re also showing compassion to animals with every sip and bite!
Made commonly from soybeans, nuts such as almond, cashew and coconut, these great-tasting milk alternatives make a wonderful drink and can be used to replace the animal milks used in cereals, baking and cooking.
- Silk Soy, Almond, Coconut, Almond-Coconut Milk and creamers
- Almond Breeze almond milk
- Alpro, soy, oat, almond, coconut
- Eden soy milk
- Natura soy milk
- Califia almond, soy, oat
- So Good soy, coconut, almond, cashew
- So Delicious soy, coconut
- Oatly, oat and organic oat
- Earth's Own So Fresh cashew, oat, almond, soy
- Ripple pea milk
These creamy plant-based cheeses come in all forms and consistencies to suit your tastes. Whether it's slices for crackers or shreds for melting on pizzas. these ingenious companies have you covered!
- Miyoko's Creamery assorted
- Daiya (nut free) shreds, blocks and slices,
- Daiya Cream Cheeze Style Spread
- Stokes Vegan Cheese
- Fauxmagerie Zengarry
- Nuts for Cheese assorted
- Nush almond cream cheese
- Oatly cream cheese
- Sheese shreds, blocks and slices
- Tofutti cream cheese
- Vegusto, blocks
- Violife shreds, blocks, slices and cream cheese
Try out these butter alternatives for baking or melting over your popcorn! They are perfect for replacing any animal butters found in your favorite recipes.
- Earth Balance
- Becel Vegan Margarine
- Coconut oil
- Miyoko's Creamery Vegan Butter
Ice Cream Alternatives
Who doesn't like to indulge in sweets once in a while, especially our nation's favorite icy dessert? The animal milk versions are extremely high in saturated fats, making it one of the most unhealthy sugary sweets. These plant-based options are still high in sugar but much lower in unhealthy fats and are must-tries!
- Daiya (nut free) Icecream Bars
- So Delicious soy, cashew, almond and coconut ice-creams
- Coconut Bliss Icecream and Icecream Bars
- Ben & Jerry Vegan Icecream
- Haagen Daaz Non-Dairy Icecream and Icecream Bars
- St. Anne's Spa Vegan Icecream
- Swedish Glace vanilla, strawberry, raspberry ripple, chocolate and neapolitan
- Tofutti's Icecream and Icecream Sandwiches
- Halo Top Icecream
A popular breakfast item, yogurts are made from fermented milk and many people do not know that plant-based milks can also be fermented to have healthy probiotics inside.
- President's Choice Coconut
Author: Animal Save Movement