|“Without meat and dairy consumption, global farmland use could be reduced by more than 75% – an area equivalent to the US, China, European Union and Australia combined – and still feed the world. Loss of wild areas to agriculture is the leading cause of the current mass extinction of wildlife.”
Let’s mobilize to fight climate change
As the world heats up from human-caused climate change, record-setting fires rage across the planet.
The Independent: Meat and dairy companies are on track to be the world’s biggest contributors to climate change, outpacing even the fossil fuel industry, according to a new report.
The headlines tell us what’s happening, but not what to do about it.
The Save Movement is working to set up a Climate Vegan working group to produce a plan of action and to launch campaigns to address this most urgent of disasters. We will involve our 460+ chapters around the world. Climate change is happening and it is absolutely critical that we mobilize to fight it before it’s too late.
We need all the help we can get. Please join us!
The Climate Vegan plan of action could include campaigns such as:
1. Screenings of films such as Cowspiracy at universities and other fertile grounds.
2. Regular demonstrations such as the yearly Earth Day chalking and leafletting event.
3. Marches to draw the public’s attention
4. A long march such as Toronto to Ottawa (400 kilometers) to engage the political establishment
5. Reforestation programs
6. Advertising campaigns
7. Training program, including a guidebook
What ideas do YOU have to suggest? Please email Bo at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions for this important initiative.